Meta at Advertising Week Sydney
Due to my mural, digital illustration skills, and unique imagination, I was selected to work on this project by Meta / Instagram in collaboration with INVNT.
The artwork that I had to create needed to focus on an educational experience that positions Instagram Reels and Oculus Quest as the tools enabling the advertising community to pioneer the next era of business/advertising.
Task/s: Develop visuals for the experience
- Create a mural artwork for the exterior of the capsule 1.5m x 2.5m
- Create a mural artwork (translucent) for the exterior 3.m x 2.5m
- Co-create a mural with Bianca Beers that can work as B&W/transparent and full colour (the art/visuals developed will be used across all assets and experiences) SIZE 6.8mm X 2.5m
- Digital artwork that can be included on a META invite for ADWEEK auxiliary events
- Apply the co-created mural/art to a wall/space in Painting VR via Oculus Quest (full colour)
- Apply the mural/art to an A3 poster (B&W). The poster will activate an AR experience
- Handpaint 2 Oculus Quests
- Develop a digital sticker pack using the art/visuals from the mural (full colour)
- Look to capture the experience when interacting with Oculus for the first time in your studio and when developing your murals, this could be as simple as a few recorded clips on your phone or camera to show the creative and discovery phase.
Responsibilities while onsite
Master the Tools
- Create some fun Reels content using the AR filter.
- Interact and have fun creating Reels and VR artwork with guests.
- Give guests tips and insights into how they use Instagram and Reels to tell stories.
- Provide creative ideas for the Kingspray Graffiti artwork.
- From experience, provide suggestions to guests as to how they could make Instagram or Metaverse content more engaging.
Engagement with Guests
- Help to fuel atmosphere and creativity by interacting and providing positive encounters with guests.
- Explaining who they are, and how they create their artwork.
- Talk guests through some of the artwork on display.
- Engage with waiting guests in the queue, explain what they are about to experience.
- Tag and create on site, where the opportunity arises.
- If guests are asking more specific questions about Meta, refer them to Meta staff on site.
Post & Capture Content
- We encourage you to share your experiences through your Instagram accounts using #future now.
- Please also encourage guests to do the same, should they create a Reel or take photos and videos of their interaction with you.
- Try out the Ray Ban stories whilst on site.
Back to: Digital Artist / Illustrations